Five years ago, I was 'that' person in the room who thought Quinoa was pronounced 'Quin-no-ah'. It wasn't something anyone in my immediate circle consumed. I still remember the feeling of wanting the world to swallow me whole when I said it wrong to a group of colleagues in London.
Fast forward five years and I've literally made so many different dishes with Quinoa for myself and the kids - it's become as much as a staple as potatoes and pasta.
These cheesy veggie quinoa bites are wonderfully easy to prepare. They resemble a chicken nugget enough for my children to look past the 'orange bits' they might see inside them.
What you'll need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup, chopped onion
1 1/3 cups broccoli florets
2 medium carrots shredded
1/2 cup green peas, frozen
2 large organic free range eggs
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups cooked Quinoa
What you have to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F/190C.
2. In a medium pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil, then add onions, broccoli, and the grated carrots. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, lowering the heat if the onions start to brown.
3. Stir in your frozen peas, then add salt and pepper based on your families requirements.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then fold in the grated cheese, the pre-cooked Quinoa and the cooked veggies.
5. Pack the mixture into a quarter cup measuring cup, then knock the cakes onto a greased baking tray, spaced evenly.
Bake at 375/190 for 10 minutes, then flip, and bake 5-8 minutes more.
Allow to cool slightly before serving up on your favourite eco rascals organic bamboo super suction base. Shop the ladybird plate.